Important information to know
The open design of our MRI scanners comfortably accommodate a variety of patients. The large opening of wide-bore MRI and open MRI scanners can help improve the comfort of children, patients with mild anxiety or claustrophobia, large patients and patients with shoulder injury.
Doctors use MRI to find diseases or abnormalities in the body without using X-rays. MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the body. MRI is non-invasive and painless. Most MRI scans require fewer than sixty minutes to complete.
During an MRI scan, you lie on a cushioned table that moves into the scanner. An injected contrast agent may be used. MRI contrast agents rarely cause allergic reactions.
Leading the way in technological advancements, MetroWest MRI specializes in:
- Neurological: Brain tumors, aneurysm, bleeding, nerve damage, stroke, trauma, disease, eyes and ears
- Orthopedic: Arthritis, marrow, tumors, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, injuries
- Vascular: Heart, valves, blood vessels, lungs
- Spine: Disks, nerves, stenosis, and tumors
- Abdominal & Pelvic: Liver, gallbladder, pancreas, kidneys and bladder, uterus and ovaries, prostate
- Breast: Detection of cancer and other abnormalities in the breast
- Contrasts: MR Arthrogram, MR Enterography